BANGOR, Maine — Several people leaving Barnaby’s bar Saturday night got into fights in the parking lot, Bangor police Sgt. Paul Edwards said Monday.
As the bar’s doors closed at 1 a.m. Sunday, “several groups of unruly patrons were involved in a spate of separate fights that seemed to happen all at once,” he wrote in a statement.
The individual group fights resulted in a number of arrests. Those arrested and taken to Penobscot County Jail included:
• Nathen Laita, 30, of Bangor, who was charged with criminal trespass, disorderly conduct and refusal to submit to arrest.
• Andy Mason, 22, of Bangor, who was charged with disorderly conduct.
• Dennis Burns, 22, of Carmel, who was charged with assault.
• Joshua Herbest, 26, of Brewer, who was charged with unlawful possession of scheduled drugs, disorderly conduct, criminal trespass, refusing to submit to arrest, obstructing government administration and possession of a suspended driver’s license.
• Jessica Laverty, 26, of Medford, who was arrested for obstructing government administration.
All five had been released from jail Monday, a jail official said. (Nok-Noi Ricker, BDN)