June 23, 2018
News Latest News | Poll Questions | Border Patrol | Energy Scam | Toxic Moths

Bangor man arrested in attempted break-in

Bangor police arrested a local man early Friday morning at the scene of an alleged attempted break-in on Third Street.

According to Bangor police Sgt. Bob Bishop, police were called to an apartment building at 163 Third St. about 2 a.m. by a tenant who reportedly awoke to find Matthew Foster, 25, who lives on a nearby side street, trying to force his way into his apartment.

“The [tenant] ejected him out of the apartment,” Bishop said, citing police reports. The tenant then called police.

When they arrived, three officers put handcuffs on the suspect, who became combative and struggled to escape, kicking at the officers who were trying to restrain him, Bishop said.

The officers “had to drag him into the police car,” Bishop said.

Foster, who was charged with failure to submit to arrest and disorderly conduct, was taken to Penobscot County Jail after his arrest. He was bailed out later in the day, a jail official said Friday evening. (Dawn Gagnon, BDN)


A 57-year-old Bangor man was arrested about 9 p.m. Thursday night on charges of disorderly conduct and terrorizing after police were called to 18 Willow St. by a resident who wanted him out.

When police officers arrived, Kent Siegfriedt, who also lives on that street, briefly “ran off,” only to return moments later carrying a stepladder, Bangor police Sgt. Bob Bishop said Friday.

“He said he was going to get into that building one way or another,” Bishop said, citing police reports.

The effort to arrest Siegfriedt “did not go well,” Bishop said, adding that the suspect “used a lot of coarse language” and made threats to police officers and the person who wanted him out.

A Penobscot County Jail official said that Siegfriedt was released on bail Friday after an appearance at the Penobscot Judicial Center. (Dawn Gagnon, BDN)

Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like