AUGUSTA, Maine — The Maine Fire Marshal’s Office says an Augusta man died after being pulled from a burning house.
Officials say 51-year-old Michael Adam was pulled to safety Wednesday afternoon by Augusta firefighters after a passer-by and an Augusta police officer were forced back by the intense heat.
Officials say he died late Wednesday after being airlifted to the Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston.
Fire investigators say Adam suffered severe burns from a fire that started on the kitchen stove. Officials say a second man managed to escape without injury.