Police investigating bomb threat at BDN

Posted April 19, 2010, at 9:59 a.m.
Last modified Jan. 30, 2011, at 12:02 p.m.

The Bangor Daily News building was evacuated Monday morning after a bomb threat was phoned in to another publication.

The Maine Edge, a weekly newspaper, received a telephone call about 9:30 a.m. from an unknown male stating that a bomb would go off at the Bangor Daily News headquarters at 491 Main St., according to Bangor police Sgt. Paul Edwards.

The Edge notified the Bangor Police Department. Police then alerted the Bangor Daily News, prompting the evacuation of 50 to 60 employees, according to Edwards and employees who were in the building at the time.

Several police officers, including Officer Jeff Small and his explosives detection dog, Jovic, searched the building but found no bomb. Employees were allowed to re-enter the building about 10:20 a.m.

Story continues below advertisement.

Edwards said that the incident remained under investigation.
Lt. Jeff Millard said no arrest had been made in connection with the threat as of Monday night.

Anyone with information about the threat should call Bangor police at 947-7382. Those who want to leave an anonymous tip may do so by pressing 6 when prompted.

 

SEE COMMENTS →

Similar Articles

More in State