Maine boy treated at Boston burn center

Posted April 14, 2010, at 1:49 p.m.

JEFFERSON, Maine — A Maine boy who threw gasoline on a campfire in the town of Jefferson is being treated at a Boston burn center.

Fire Chief Walter Morris says the boy was airlifted to Massachusetts General Hospital after suffering first- and second-degree burns on his chest, back, face and hands.

Morris tells WCSH-TV that the 10-year-old victim found a can of gasoline and tossed some of it on the campfire while no one was looking.

He says he’s encouraged that the boy was screaming and crying when firefighters arrived. He says that means his lungs weren’t damaged by the hot gases.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in State