Fire damages exterior of Fern Street home

Posted March 17, 2010, at 10:41 p.m.

BANGOR, Maine — A fire that began in a trash container behind a Fern Street home was extinguished before it caused major damage, an official with the Bangor Fire Department said Wednesday.

Assistant Chief Darrell Cyr said the fire was at the Bruce Grant residence.

Cyr said that after the fire started, it traveled up one side of the building, burning some of the siding, part of a railing and a portion of the floor of a porch.

Firefighters put the fire out within minutes of their arrival, preventing its spread to the inside of the building, he said.

No one was injured in connection with the fire, Cyr said. He said that a dollar estimate for the damage was not available Wednesday evening. It also was not clear if the building was insured.

Recommend this article

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Bangor