BANGOR, Maine — Green beer and Irish music will flow at area establishments to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day today in the Bangor area. Here are some of the events businesses have planned:
• Paddy Murphy’s (West Market Square, Bangor) again will honor its four-year standing tradition of opening at 6 a.m. Paddy Murphy’s will host local Celtic punk band The Barstuards in the morning, then a full day of music and Guinness lasting until the wee hours Thursday. For information on the schedule of events, call 945-6800.
• Geaghan’s Pub (570 Main St., Bangor) will start its traditional Irish Festival at noon. Irish bands and bagpipers will play throughout the evening. The restaurant will serve traditional Irish fare, including boiled dinner, Celtic ribs and Irish nachos, to be washed down with green beer and Guinness.
• Whig & Courier (West Market Square, Bangor) will showcase live music and bagpipers all day, with a traditional boiled dinner of corned beef and cabbage.
• Sea Dog Brewing Co. (26 Front St., Bangor) has had a separate menu of Irish specialties all week. Tonight, bagpipers will start at 5, with the Galley Rats performing later.
• Carolina Sports and Spirits (16 Union St., Bangor) features River Bottom Funk for St. Paddy’s Day, along with lots of Irish specialty drinks.
• Luna Bar and Grill (49 Park St., Bangor) will have live music and drink specials.
• My Fork Bar and Grill (44 Main St., Winterport) will feature live music, specialty foods and prizes.
• Beef O Brady’s (5 Schilling Drive, Brewer) will serve corned beef and cabbage all day. There will also be Irish music from 5 to 9 p.m.