BREWER, Maine — By the end of February, the Penobscot Fly Fishers have cabin fever, and they’re convinced that more than a few of the rest of us do, too — adults and children alike.
This year’s Cabin Fever Reliever is set for this weekend:
- 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 27.
- 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 28.
The place is the “World Famous Brewer Auditorium,” said Don Corey, one of the organizers.
The event is “a hands-on and educational show that promotes traditional Maine outdoor activities and crafts through education and demonstration,” Corey said.
There will be fly tying and archery for kids, Corey said. “Admission is free — something for all family members. Numerous door prizes.”
In addition, “there will be concessions throughout the day with a plethora of food,” he said.
Saturday, Feb. 27
- 10:30-11:15 a.m. Central Maine Navigation, Randy McEwen, “GPS-Maps & More.”
- 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. NAVHDA, Peter Wade, “Starting-Training Your Versatile Hunting Dog.”
- 12:30-1:15 p.m. Penobscot Fly Fishers, Rod McGarry, “Do You Want To Get Going or Get Better at Fly Fishing?”
- 1:30–2:15 p.m. Sunhaze Outfitters, Rob Gould, Jeff Fahey, “Bass Fishing.”
- 2:30–3:15 p.m. Maine Outdoor Learning Center, Tami Rogers, “Becoming a Maine Guide.”
- 3:30–4:15 p.m. Allagash Wilderness Waterways, Matt Laroche, “Trip Down the Allagash.”
Sunday, Feb. 28
- 10:30–11:15 Maine Outdoor Learning Center, Tami Rogers, “Becoming a Maine Guide.”
- 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Penobscot Fly Fishers, Rod McGarry, “Do You Want to Get Going or Get Better at Fly Fishing?”
- 12:30-1:15 p.m. Central Maine Navigation, Randy McEwen, “GPS-Maps & More.”
- 1:30–2:15 p.m. NAVHDA, Marie & Peter Wade, “Starting-Training Your Versatile Hunting Dog.”
For information, visit www.cabinfeverreliever.com.
Exhibitors will be: Greenland Point Center; Bryant Pond 4-H Camp & Learning Center; artist Nancy Blatz; Allagash Wilderness Waterways; Annika Rod and Fly, Donald Corey; Penobscot River Restoration Trust; “Becoming An Outdoors Woman;” wildlife artist Mark McCollough; Central Maine Navigation, Randy McEwen; Maine Fly Fishing Adventures LLC, Kevin Mckay; McKay Brothers Fly Tying, Tait and Jax Mckay; Muzzy’s Flies, Edward Muzeroll; Penobscot County Conservation Association; Sebasticook Chapter of NAVHDA hunting dogs; Michael Decoteau, fly tying; The Friends of Craig Brook; Wicked Good Flies, Joe Bertolaccini; Sunkhaze Outfitters North, Jim Fahey; Sunkhaze Outfitters, Jeff Fahey; Dog Island Corner Crafts-Turkey Calls, Gerard Bilodeau; Maine Trappers Association; Abenaki Archers Association; Bob Blatz, fly tying; Maine Outdoor Learning Center, Tami Rogers; Mainely Rods ’n’ Flies, Kenneth Gaucher; Penobscot Fly Fishers, kid’s tying; Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife Recreational Safety, Clint Gaskill; Featherside Flies, Ron McKusick; Sam Kenney, fly tying; Penobscot Long Rifles, Jeff Durkee; Van Raymond Outfitters, gun handling, Charlie Rumsey; MAB Custom Knives, Mark Buzzell; Moe Decoteau, fly tying; Eldredge Brothers Fly Shop; Maine Bowhunters; National Wild Turkey Federation; James Cunningham, fly tying; Charlie Mann, fly tying; Veazie Salmon Club, Doug Introne; Northland Taxidermy, John Dykstra; Sculptor Forest Hart; Chandler Pond Outfitters; David Klausmeyer; Upcountry Snowshoes; Dri-Ki, paddle-making,