Man arrested after pizza parlor fracas

By Dawn Gagnon, BDN Staff
Posted Feb. 01, 2010, at 11:02 p.m.

BANGOR, Maine — A Bangor man racked up several criminal charges Friday during an incident at a pizza parlor that began with a temper tantrum and ended after a brief scuffle with an off-duty detective.

As a result of the incident, Christopher Loucks, 24, was arrested on charges of carrying a concealed weapon, terrorizing, refusing to submit to arrest and disorderly conduct. After spending the weekend at the Penobscot County Jail, Loucks was released on bail during a court appearance Monday at the Penobscot Judicial Center, a jail official confirmed.

According to Sgt. Paul Edwards, the episode that led to Louck’s arrest began about 10:30 p.m. Friday, when off-duty Bangor police Detective Erik Tall stopped by Domino’s Pizza store on Clinton Street to pick up an order.

Loucks caught the officer’s attention because he was being “loud and obnoxious,” Edwards said citing Tall’s report on the incident. Tall also noted in his report that Loucks appeared to be intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.

As the Bangor detective waited for his order, Loucks became increasingly agitated at the pizzeria’s staff and began shouting threats and complaining about slow service, Edwards said. As the staff continued to work, Loucks became even more enraged, shouting threats and demanding half-price on his order.

At that point, Tall noted, Loucks stood up and pulled a long screwdriver with a sharpened point from his back pocket and brandished it over his head, threatening the staff. Loucks then stepped back and put the screwdriver back in his pocket.

“That’s when Detective Tall identified himself as an off-duty police officer and that Loucks needed to place his hands against the wall,” Edwards said.

Loucks refused and began to resist Tall’s attempts to subdue him, which led to a scuffle that ended up on the bench and then the floor.

A male witness offered to help Tall and the two eventually managed to restrain Loucks, who reportedly continued to fight until uniformed officers arrived.

Edwards said that the man who assisted Tall was officially recognized by Sgt. Catherine Rumsey. printed on July 27, 2017