Maine man died from fire last week, but just found

Posted Dec. 22, 2009, at 11:17 a.m.

SANFORD, Maine — The Maine Fire Marshal’s office says the fire that killed a 49-year-old Sanford man was most likely caused by smoking.

Officials say the body of Paul Vallee was found Monday afternoon, but the fire that killed him occurred last Monday or Tuesday.

Investigators say the fire in a couch burned out after filling the apartment with smoke, which killed Vallee.

A maintenance man found the body after he entered the apartment to check on Vallee.

Officials say an ash tray was found on the remains of the couch.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in State