2 teenage boys charged in Palermo break-ins

Posted Dec. 04, 2009, at 2:02 p.m.

PALERMO, Maine — Two local teenage boys have been implicated in the arson and vandalism of two hunting camps last month.

Waldo County Sheriff’s Detective Jason Bosco on Thursday arrested a 17-year-old boy and charged a 16-year-old by in connection with the Oct. 10 break-in at the rural hunting camps. Both teens were charged with arson, burglary and aggravated criminal mischief.

Bosco said the pair forced their way into the camps, trashed its interior and set a couch in one on fire. He estimated the damage at $4,000.

Although the owner of the North Palermo Road camps offered a $1,000 reward for information on the case, Bosco said he was led to the two suspects through interviews and follow-up investigations.

Similar articles:

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
The Forecaster
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business