BANGOR, Maine — A district court judge Monday set bail at $3,000 cash or $15,000 surety for a Medway man charged last week with arson.
Judge Jessie Gunther also set bail conditions for Douglas J. Deloge, 39, which include no alcohol or drug use and random testing for their use.
Deloge has a criminal record that includes several convictions for operating under the influence of intoxicants but no felony convictions and no failures to appear, Susan Pope, assistant district attorney for Penobscot County, told the judge.
Through the attorney for the day, Joseph Hunt, Deloge told the judge he could raise about $15,000 by posting his land and trailer as surety bail.
Deloge was arrested Friday afternoon at the East Millinocket public safety building, where he had been questioned about a fire that Thursday destroyed a vacant house on Pattagumpus Road.
The house hasn’t been lived in for three or four years and had no utilities, Medway Assistant Fire Chief Brian McLaughlin said last week.
The fire Deloge is accused of setting was the latest of what investigators have said are four fires set intentionally in Medway.
The parallels that investigators have said they see among the four fires are tenuous but involve a mix of several similarities, including timing, area and methodology. All but one occurred in the vicinity of Salmon Stream and two were reported between 3:30 and 4:30 a.m. Three involved abandoned dwellings.