CONCORD, N.H. — New Hampshire health officials are advising residents to take part in a beef recall after one person has died and two others became ill after eating contaminated ground beef.
Health officials said Saturday the products were packaged between Sept. 15-16 and may have been labeled with sell-by dates from Sept. 19-28, and were sold at various stores throughout the state.
Health officials say the three became sick because of possible E. coli contamination.
They say the contaminated meat may be related to the recall of almost 546,000 pounds of ground beef in Connecticut, Maine and Massachusetts. That meat was sold by Fairbank Farms in Ashville, N.Y.
Each package carried the number “EST. 492” inside the USDA inspection mark or on the nutrition label.