Fire, smoke and water damage Guilford home

Posted Oct. 12, 2009, at 10:54 p.m.
Last modified Jan. 30, 2011, at 12:09 p.m.

GUILFORD, Maine — Smoke poured from the eaves of a home owned by Clay Lane on Grove Street in Guilford on Monday as Guilford, Sangerville and Dover-Foxcroft firefighters worked to extinguish a fire that reportedly was electrical in origin.

Lane had been renovating the one-story ranch home and had been working outside when the fire started, Guilford Assistant Fire Chief Willy Williams said Monday.

The home had minor smoke, fire and water damage, according to Williams, but the owner had construction insurance on the property, he said.

Story continues below advertisement.

SEE COMMENTS →