Fire breaks out at former Maine plastics plant

Posted Aug. 25, 2009, at 12:35 p.m.

AUBURN — More than 65 firefighters brought a fire under control at the former Pioneer Plastics plant in Auburn.

No injuries were reported in the fire, reported at 6:30 p.m. Monday.

Fire Chief Wayne Werts said the blaze broke out in duct work that runs the length of the building. He said investigators did not have a reason why the material in the duct work overheated and caught fire.

Residents were not evacuated, but were told to stay inside and turn off their air conditioners.

The business now houses a company called Pionite Decorative Surfaces.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in State