LEWISTON, Maine — A funeral service is being held Friday for 9-year-old Taylor McQueeney, who was killed Monday in a fire at a Lewiston, Maine, apartment building.
The state fire marshal’s office says a candle was to blame for the fire, which spread to three other buildings. Electricity to the apartment where the fire started had been shut off because the tenant had failed to pay his bills.
McQueeney was staying overnight with a cousin and uncle in the third-floor apartment where the fire was reported Monday.
A fund has been set up in the little girl’s honor. The funeral was scheduled for 11 a.m. at the Pinette and Lynch Funeral Home.