CHERRYFIELD, Maine — The Bagley home on Tenan Lane was damaged heavily early Thursday in what appears to be an electrical fire.
Fire Chief Charles Curtis Jr. said the 5 a.m. blaze destroyed two rooms and caused heavy smoke damage in the rest of the single-story wooden home.
It was an older home, Curtis said, and the resident had been using a lot of power strips and extension cords. “She had been having a lot of power surges,” Curtis said.
No one was injured in the fire and about 28 firefighters from Cherryfield, Milbridge and Steuben went to the scene.
Curtis said he did not know whether the resident had insurance.