October 20, 2017
News Latest News | Poll Questions | Haunted Maine | Obamacare | National Anthem Protests

Fatal Maine fire caused by electrical malfunction

The Associated Press

NORTH BERWICK, Maine — Investigators say a fire that killed two people in North Berwick, Maine, over the weekend was caused by an electrical outlet malfunction.

The fire early Sunday morning killed 28-year-old Greg Givens, who lived in the home, along with 23-year-old Nicole Gagne of Sanford.

According to the state fire marshal’s office, the fire was caused by a malfunction of the electrical ground fault outlet into which a microwave oven was plugged.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like