Mobile home fire displaces family of 3 in Bucksport

By Rich Hewitt, BDN Staff
Posted June 14, 2009, at 9:16 p.m.

BUCKSPORT, Maine — A fire Friday night destroyed a mobile home on Bucks Mills Road.

The first call came in at 9:38 p.m., according to Bucksport firefighter John Gavelek. The home is about eight miles out of town, and when firefighters arrived flames were showing and the home was filled with smoke.

The young couple and their child who were living in the home were inside the trailer when the fire started, apparently in the kitchen where a pot had been left on the stove. One of the tenants suffered minor burns but did not require hospitalization.

The residents’ names were not available Sunday afternoon.

Firefighters got a quick knockdown, Gavelek said, but the damage had been done. He said that with the kitchen gutted and heavy smoke and water damage, the mobile home was considered a total loss. Most of the belongings inside also were destroyed.

The family is staying with relatives in the area.

http://bangordailynews.com/2009/06/14/news/mobile-home-fire-displaces-family-of-3-in-bucksport/ printed on September 1, 2014