BUCKSPORT, Maine — A fire Friday night destroyed a mobile home on the Bucks Mills Road.
The first call came in at 9:38 p.m., according to Bucksport Firefighter John Gavelek. The home is located about eight miles out of town, and when firefighters arrived flames were showing and the home was filled with smoke.
The young couple and their child living in the home, whose names were not available Saturday, were inside the trailer when the fire started, apparently in the kitchen where a pot had been left on the stove. One of the tenants received minor burns, but did not require hospitalization.
Firefighters got a quick knockdown, Gavelek said, but the damage had been done. He said that, with the kitchen gutted and heavy smoke and water damage, the mobile home was considered a total loss. Most of the belongings inside also were destroyed.
The family is staying with relatives in the area.