‘A great save’: Milo house fire put out quickly

By Diana Bowley, BDN Staff
Posted May 21, 2009, at 11:36 p.m.

MILO, Maine — Local firefighters were quick to extinguish a house fire Thursday on Daggett Street.

The home, owned by Matt Demers, was being rented by Danielle Parker, who had four children under the age of 5 inside the building when the fire erupted, according to Town Manager Jeff Gahagan. He said Parker and the children were outside the building when firefighters arrived and no one was injured.

The fire damage was mostly confined to a porch area and the building itself had smoke and water damage, Gahagan said. The building was insured, he said.

The State Fire Marshal’s Office was called to determine the fire’s origin.

“It was a great save by the fire departments,” Gahagan said Thursday. “They responded very quickly.”

He said Brownville firefighters assisted Milo firefighters at the scene. Two Dover-Foxcroft firefighters who work for the Department of Transportation and were in the area also came to help fight the fire.

The town manager said his wife, Amber Gahagan, a SAD 41 social worker, notified the American Red Cross and was assisting Parker to get the services she needed.

Parker and her family will stay with the Demers family until other arrangements can be made, Gahagan said.

http://bangordailynews.com/2009/05/21/news/bangor/lsquoa-great-saversquo-milo-house-fire-put-out-quickly/ printed on December 25, 2014