June 21, 2018
Bangor Latest News | Poll Questions | Pride | Janet Mills | Urban Farming Ban

Large Orono bash leads to summonses, arrests

By Dawn Gagnon, BDN Staff

A large party on Main Street in Orono led to six alcohol-related citations late Friday night and early Saturday morning.

Orono police Capt. Josh Ewing said Tuesday that police were called to the large social gathering at 446 Main St. shortly before midnight Friday after receiving complaints about noise being made by attendees, who filled the house and barn there and spilled out into the yard and nearby sidewalk.

The situation also posed safety risks because partygoers were circulating among several vehicles parked on both sides of the street and the night was foggy, making for poor visibility, he said.

Though a crowd count wasn’t available this week, Ewing said that five Orono police officers as well as officers from nearby Old Town and Veazie responded to the report.

Ewing said that after several underage guests were found, police issued summonses for furnishing a place for minors to consume alcohol to party hosts Andrew Dalrymple, 22, Jeffrey Hake, 23, and Matthew Entee, 23, all of Orono.

Summoned for illegal possession of alcohol by a minor were Nicholas McLellan, 20, of Scarborough and Chanrasmey Neang, 20, of Sanford, Ewing said.

He said that Eric Deluca, 19, of St. Paul, Minn., was cited for possession of alcohol by a minor by consumption after he told police that he had consumed alcohol before arriving at the Main Street party.

The crowd then was dispersed, Ewing said. (Dawn Gagnon, BDN)


A Nobleboro man was arrested on multiple charges late last week after he turned up at an Orono apartment complex drunken and bloody.

After his arrest, Bradley Yates, 20, was taken to Penobscot County Jail. Yates, who since has made bail, was ordered to appear in 3rd District Court in Bangor on May 14, Capt. Josh Ewing of the Orono Police Department said Tuesday.

Ewing said the trouble began about 1:30 a.m. Friday, when a tenant at the Orchard Hills apartment complex reported that a strange, bloodied male wielding a large wooden yard stake was banging on her door and demanding to be let inside.

When they arrived, police confiscated the stake, which Ewing said was 3 to 4 feet long. Yates then was placed in handcuffs taken to the county lockup.

Ewing said Yates was “very intoxicated” at the time and had just been asked to leave the University of Maine campus, where he recently had been issued a summons for criminal trespass. His actions at Orchard Hills resulted in several new charges, namely criminal mischief, attempted criminal trespass, disorderly conduct and possession of liquor by a minor. (Dawn Gagnon, BDN)


Orono public safety and school personnel are investigating a bomb threat faintly written on a wall tile at Orono High School. Orono police Capt. Josh Ewing said the threat was discovered at 8:23 a.m. Tuesday but was not deemed credible, so the school was not evacuated. Officials had no suspect or suspects as of late Tuesday afternoon. (Dawn Gagnon, BDN)

Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like