BANGOR, Maine — A task force examining the future structure and function of the University of Maine System will hold seven public meetings in the coming weeks starting with a meeting Wednesday, Feb. 25 at the Orono campus of the University of Maine.
The “New Challenges, New Directions” task force recently assembled by UMaine System Chancellor Richard L. Pattenaude will listen to comments from employees, students and members of the public and take suggestions on ways to achieve lower costs of operation and financial sustainability.
Task force chairman David Flanagan of Manchester plans to attend all seven sessions. Other members of the task force will attend the meetings as their schedules permit.
The Feb. 25 meeting will be held from 1 to 2:30 p.m. at Wells Commons.
The rest of the public meeting schedule is as follows:
• Thursday, Feb. 26, at UMaine-Augusta in Jewett Hall Auditorium, 9-10:30 a.m.
• Friday, Feb. 27, at UMaine-Farmington in Lincoln Auditorium, 1-2:30 p.m.
• Monday, March 2 at University of Southern Maine (Portland) in Glickman Library, 9-10:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, March 4, UMaine-Fort Kent, location and time to be announced.
• Thursday, March 5, UMaine-Presque Isle, location and time to be announced.
• Friday, March 6, UMaine-Machias, Kimball Hall Portside, 9-10:30 a.m.
In addition, the task force will hold its next full committee meeting from 1 to 3 p.m. Feb. 26 at UMaine-Augusta in Robinson Hall, Room 111.