Wood stove causes fire at Plymouth home

Posted Dec. 18, 2008, at 11:26 p.m.

PLYMOUTH, Maine — The State Fire Marshal’s Office is blaming a malfunctioning flue on a wood stove for a fire Wednesday night that destroyed a mobile home on Condon Road.

Fire Investigator Tim York said the initial call reported the dwelling was vacant but apparently someone did live there, although they were not home at the time of the fire. York said he did not know the resident’s name.

Fire departments from Etna, Plymouth and Newport went to the scene of the blaze, which initially ignited ceiling trusses and then rapidly spread.

“When the firefighters first arrived, the living room was heavily involved,” York said.

The home was heavily damaged although not a total loss, York said.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Mid-Maine