WOODLAND, Maine — A vacated home was gutted by fire Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighter and paramedic Mark Baker of the Caribou Fire Department said Wednesday that crews went to the scene of the fire on Bondeson Road in Woodland shortly after 12:20 p.m.
The building, a one-story manufactured home, was owned by Ronald Marston.
“The house was being torn down and no one was living there,” Baker said. “The owner of the home was tearing it down and he had the job half-done when he went to lunch. When he came back, the place was on fire.”
Firefighters believe an electrical short may have sparked the blaze, as Marston was pulling an electric range out of the dwelling shortly before the fire started.
The Presque Isle Fire Department provided mutual aid at the Caribou fire station during the time that 22 firefighters battled the blaze.