June 18, 2018
News Latest News | Poll Questions | Tiny House Surprise | Antiquing | Stephen King

Fire destroys mobile home in Garland


GARLAND, Maine — A Garland couple was left homeless Thursday afternoon after a fire leveled their mobile home on Oliver Hill Road.

Fire Chief Danny Adams said he believes the fire started in the kitchen near a wood stove about 3:30 p.m. It was not of suspicious origin, he said.

A dog and a few ducks were rescued from the burning building, according to Adams.

The mobile home was owned by Mark McIntosh, 40, and Jennifer Stanley, 31.

Authorities believe the couple had no insurance.

McIntosh was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, according to a spokesman for the Pine Tree Chapter of the American Red Cross, which is assisting the family.

Dexter firefighters assisted Garland firefighters.

Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like